The Pursuit of Happyness

I just arrived in Bali.. I recalled on the plane in SQ, I was watching the movie "The Pursuit of Happyness" acted by Will Smith and his son, Jaden Smith... I must say Will Smith is one great actor, he captured the very essence of desperation and determination..

The movie is abt how a talented and smart sales man can still struggle to meet daily needs.... and how he determined to run and literally run to see his dreams come true.. I was touched by a statement he made to his son, "Dun ever let anyone tell you that you can't.. They may try to use their own experiences and circumstances to demotivate you.. but dun let them make you believe that...
Finally, in the mist of true perseverance and consistent humbling, he eventually was one step closer to his dream. And I looked back.. Hannah, isn't this story familiar...
Ya, when I first started this company, some of my friends questioned : are you sure to give us a director's job for this.... the guy I once liked said "Hannah, you are making a big mistake."
But I knew I was not.. I knew I was cut out to be a business woman, an entrepreneur and eventually a designer...

I remembered pouring out all my savings to this dream, and believed it would be a Heaven's Gift for me.. I recalled not getting paid for 9 months.. and could not sleep for half a year... and when all things seems dim, there was a voice that says.. You can make it.. in my 10th month, I closed a deal that made up all that I have lost in 6 months... God is faithful...

And ever since, all is history.. I dare not claim I have reached.. But I am grateful that today's Heaven's Gift has grown to be more matured, more professional and more innovative... I have also realised how much influences I have been given to shape the weddings my couples dream abt, how much my intuition has become my sense of good judgement for fashion and designs...
At the end of the day, it is like what Will Smith has described.. Happiness is to be pursued ... it's not just given, it's determination to believe and put feet into your belief.

Comments

Popular Posts