2008... it's a new year

I have been silent since the trip back from States, and indeed Dec was a busy month for us.. but I must also say I have a great Dec month.. in fact, the past weddings since Sep-Dec were some of my best weddings of the year...

At the dawn of each new year, I will always ask myself what do I seek for in 2008.. but this yr I was pretty silent... unexpected news, and unexpected emotions..and it left me wondering what a start for the year...

Pastor declared this year as the year of Sabbath.. a year of rest and a year of drawing intimacy and consolidation and I was expecting the year to arrive with great excitement..
But now looking back, the year has begun with me wondering what to do and say...
There were much dreams and plans.. but at the same time, I was put into situations where I simply decided to just be resilient and be slow to react. Maybe this year is a year I simply have to trust that despite whatever appears in my eyes are different from what I have envisioned.. in that quietness and trust, I will see things begin to craft into the plans that meant well for me..

I was reminded of Jeremiah 17 : 7-8
I will be like a tree planted by the streams, I am bearing fruit and my leaves are green.. whatever I do, I am prospering.. I simply put my trust in the Maker.

Comments

Popular Posts