I am having my annual break

It's past 3am, and I am still working... some last min instructions and follow up before I head off for my annual break... I will be away only for 10 days in Japan (it seems long, but actually not), and I really hope I do not have to bring my laptop(in the end I still bring my mini Vaio just in case).. have been working very hard the first half of year, and felt I needed to go away before I continue for the next half of year...
Always believe a refreshed soul and mind goes a long way..
So in case I don't reply to your email, rest assured all will still be well... and Hannah will come back more inspired and refreshed to create more beautiful weddings and moments...See you after 28 Jul... God bless.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The things that you do seem so interesting and it is really a fulfilling job! I absolutely love weddings too. I've always wanted to be a wedding planner too but I don't know where to start from as most places that hire wedding planners do not hire people that doesn't have experience. Any advice? =)
Hannah Chong said…
Hi Choom,

Thanks for dropping by, just came back from my break.
In order to be a good planner, my suggestion is first read about wedding planning, what it takes to be a planner, the challenges, the efforts.. Get to read about what others face and take to be a planner.. then if you think you still want the plunge, start investing in yourself and have proper training.
I always believe a good training positions one to be different from the norm for greater excellence.

Don't take shortcuts, contrary to what many think : wedding planning is not a hobby/pastime, or a past experience. It is a professional job. If you want others to trust you, you need to earn their trust by your professionalism, what you have and what you can offer...

Don't discount your potential customers by trial and error experiences.. Time has changed, brides today are smart, resourceful and looking for something more than the norm.. so if you want to be a consultant to them, you have to ensure you know more than they ever know in this industry.. so trial and error just do not work anymore..
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the great advice!

Popular Posts