Japan - a land of wonders

I am back, refreshed and feeling a bit tour-sick(if there is such word) from Hokkaido... Not sick of tour, but rather I wish I am on a tour again..
This trip to Japan was quite different from the previous, I got to discover the natural beauty of Hokkaido, enjoying every bit of being a tourist, not sourcing for wedding products, simply enjoying the luxury of being a tourist. You get to wine, dine and be merry.

And in the mist of enjoyment, the Japanese creativity and attributes does inspire me.

So what have I learnt from this amazing land, amazing people :
1. Nature is a true beauty and an unimaginative creation. I saw the growth of spa resorts at the valley of the active Volcanoes. Despite the volcanoes can explode, human beings seem to get used to that, and leverage on such high risk resources. Opportunities vs risk - I can now see the rationale...










2. Japanese are a breed of creative genius. A simple wild flower like Lavender is converted into vast rangeof beauty products, beverages, yummy lavender ice-creams, household items etc etc...



3. This is a land that consistently work to serve the consumer. Just as in the last visit, I am always amazed at some these inventions : warm seated toilet bowls with great functions; highways built with sound proof high walls to reduce noise pollution to the nearby housing estates; wide range of awesome toys, music boxes minatures, loads of pretty lavish sweet goodies that can turn a food market to a food garden, more than one can imagine..

4. Genuine, authentic products... I love this, no more pirated products, no imitation goods, everything you see is authentic and true. You don't have to be worried about getting the best bargains, because everything is the same.. fair, and the only difference is the element of creativity and innovations..

In many ways, I love Japan, particularly Hokkaido.. and the smiles you get from the Japanese promoters always make your day.. so much we can learn from them... They are a true inspirations..


Comments

Unknown said…
Welcome back Hannah! If you like Lavendar, come to Provence! South of France is full of Lavender...and it is a beautiful place to boot. Lois and I will be delighted to show you around.
Hannah Chong said…
Nisha, I am very tempted to go... I think I need to plan my 2009 vacation carefully.. so many places for me to re-discover.. South France is certainly one of the places... how are you adapting ?
Unknown said…
Hey Hannah! France is a nice place...I just need to learn French :) We r planning our French Church Blessing (not a full wedding since I am not Christian) in June or July 2009. It will be a good opportunity for you to come here and relax a bit and join us too! We will keep u updated with our plans so you can book ur tickets early.
Hannah Chong said…
Hi Nisha,

I will love too.. keep me posted.. it's a good breakaway and attend yr wedding is a blessing...
Unknown said…
Wow! japan..one of my "must go" destinations..:) i think u should know why..hahah but the lavendar looks so lovely...
Hannah Chong said…
Yes Nicole, I know why.. it will be one of the countries I will visit again..

Lavender picture, trying my camera skills.. so was happy as well.. trying to be a photographer... really really hard.. but far from it :)

Popular Posts