The Hillsong Experience reminded me to believe in my dream...

The last 2 years, I have been to Hillsong conference, and it was always an unbelievable encounter with God, you almost felt that God has tailored this conference just to speak to you.. My first conference was in 2004, when I first started the business, the Lord spoke very clearly the vision I have for my dream and this is my fourth time visiting and enjoying it once again.
The Spirit-inspired words of the speakers, the amazing theatrical works of each night, the friendliness of the volunteers and most of all, the unity of the church is demonstrated again and again each time I gather with the rest of the world for Hillsong conference.

7 years have passed quickly for my journey in Heaven's Gift. This 7 years journey is filled with discovering passion, joys & woes, my strengths and weaknesses, but most importantly realising the graciousness of God and His goodness in my company, or rather I will say His company.. I am a mere steward of His works. Someone asked me : have you ever felt like giving up the works? Of course and for sure, esp when I met setbacks, or having to deal with difficult clients. But whenever I take the position of a third party eye looking at the business, I am grateful for what the Lord has brought me - a journey of understanding grace, favour and excellence in the Lord.

Actually now looking back, it is always interesting to be reminded how and why I started the business. It is certainly different from what many would imagine. I wanted to settle down in my homeland amidst all the travelling, and I figure if I ever get married, I need a job that can be mobile to support my hubby as well as grant me time to look after my kids.. yes wow.. I do plan ahead in an unconscious way :) My youth often asked me : Auntie Hannah, what is that one dream of yrs ??? It is so simple and yet so profound : marry a God-fearing man and serve God with him for the rest of my lives with my kids. And truthfully I really believe God has a big plan for my future family, and every steps of training till now was tailored for that vision and that one dream I have. Way in my young adult years, I literally had a picture of how my future home would be like, the office I would have created with my children, and the ministry of my husband and myself . Interestingly. I have never really written about this part of my life - it is private, sensitive and an area I constantly learn to have faith in. I have never thought I would start a wedding planning business, to me having a business takes a lot of risk, careful planning and perseverance, but I was fortunate to be mentored by all my old bosses, and you learn about vision and passion, and what drives you to do what you do. I am driven by my dream - a dream I cling on to believe , a dream God has planted in my life for Him to unfold...

This time in conference, the Lord spoke once again. Hannah, no dream is coincidence, everything was crafted with my thoughts of you. Today, God spoke again in the service. The Lord loves you, and with God, all things are possible. Yes, I believe in marriage, tho I think getting married is a miracle for a man and a woman. Imagine two different gender with different makeup, different personalities, different upbringing, different habits to be able to stay under one roof, loving and enduring each other in love, raising up children, grandchildren and at times great grandchildren.. it is a miracle of God's love. I always salute couples who have been married for at least 20 years, and recently I stood in awe of one who has married for 40 years... wow, it is a faith journey. I always feel God must have brought me through wedding planning to learn about marriage and families. I have seen a fair share of how families, couples and individuals learn the ropes of submission amidst conflicts, compromising and loving in this past 7 years. Sometimes I have to tell you : I was put off to be married, it could be very intense looking at some case studies. But often I discover love and submission, and esp these past 2 years, I witnessed some of the most beautiful people I have met who willingly give up his or her rights for their partners... to help to fan the passion and strengths of each other, and to learn to love unconditionally.. And next week, I believe I would witness such love and be blessed by another love story... yeah, Tianjin, here I come...

Comments

Popular Posts