Don't stop innovating...

We are entering into our 9th year in the wedding industry and now the special events industry. April is a month of inspirations and concept creations for us, and I really love this part of my job - to be able to brainstorm with my team on ideas, concepts and envisioning what we will be seeing in the next 6 months is an awesome experience.

It is filled with expectancy, but at the same time it is filled with faith stretching, if you understand what I meant. Simply because every special event is so unique, and the way we craft our guests' experience requires creative approaches, and a new level of excitement and expectations. 

I was just talking to a few partners of ours, and some are fully booked for the year, some are finding slow sales. And as a design and special events company, we have our low seasons as well. But whenever I look back the past 8 years of our works, those slow months often were the most exciting and inspiring months, because we are stretched to think beyond our means, beyond what we hear and see, beyond what we may even envision what is to come. 

The key principle is this : Never stop innovating, never stop thinking out of the box. The methods and creatives that work a year ago, may not work well this year.. so stretch to think beyond, and you will discover a new light. When you are busy with jobs, don't forget to take time to create new things. 

I am grateful that I have a team of colleagues who believe in me, and allow me to stretch them to think out  of the box how we see events. I always tell them : the world is HUGE, and the standards of the world is  beyond Singapore... so don't stop growing. When you think you are the best, and you have reached, it may be the time you are declining and stop exceling. Remember : competition spurs up innovation, and innovation sifts out competition. I dream of a day when I can get to do an event for Oprah Winfrey, one of the women I respected in the world. Someone who understood where she come from, never stop stretching herself, never give up creating for others. 

2012 - a year of governance, goodness and greatness... 

Comments

Popular Posts