But how do you know whether you really need a wedding planner? These are ten simple questions you need to ask yourself and your partner before you decide to explore the options of engaging a planner :
- Do you have much time to do your wedding research and resource the right suppliers?
- Are you good in planning your budget and working around it to create a wedding that is personal and yet special?
- Are you familiar with ceremonial obligations, as well as banquet essentials?
- Do you have abundant wedding ideas to personalise your wedding?
- Do you have all the wedding checklists and helps from friends who can offer professional help for your wedding?
- Are you confident to manage the wedding planning process on your own vs the various expectations and demands set for the event.
- Do you have the patience to deal with the different personalities between families, friends, and even vendors?
- Do you want to personally deal with your guests' accommodation or needs related to the wedding event.
- Are you able to take care of the unexpected of the wedding event well?
- Do you tolerate stress well?
If you answer "NO" to two or more of the above questions, it's time to consider engaging a planner. Release the unnecessary stress by hiring an expert and the cost of it is between 5-15% of your total wedding budget, which is very reasonable and small. Looking at the cost vs the stress, it is definitely worth it all, unless you enjoy the learning process and able to handle your stress level. A good wedding planner will manage all the above 10 possibilities.
We always conclude for our couples to consider engaging a planner when :
- You and your fiancé are too busy to manage the entire wedding planning, or do not have the time to look into the many details of your wedding plan.
- You want to create your dream wedding, and do not have the resources to do it all by yourself.
- You are not familiar with the wedding planning details, and you need expert advice and recommendations to free you from doing all the research by yourselves.
- You simply want to enjoy on yr big day and can afford to hire professional help to make it possible.