The Heart of Everything!

It seems a norm to me now, that I only start picking my pen to write, in moments I least expected. Waking up at wee hours now, recovering from sore throat and fever, and yet the sudden awakening from it just refreshed my soul and my body finds new strength. I needed that strength esp we have back to back events and meetings for next few weeks.
Later today I will oversee a wedding setup, while my staff will run the wedding for her client.

And who will ever have expected that the video of Leap Inspire 2016 https://vimeo.com/163133011 will energise me at this juncture in my physical weakness.
Looking back it has been 2 years since we plan for that conference in 2015, and a year from where Leap Inspire inaugural conference was launched in Siem Reap. And honestly, 2016 was a sifting year for many. I have seen the rise and fall of many of the wedding vendors, and often I wish we can do something to help the businesses out there. I am reminded as an entrepreneur, if we want to grow, we have to keep evolving, and not stay complacent, and be quick to know where the next wind of change is leading us.

I have my fair share in 2016, esp I intentionally took a long break away from my business - Heaven's Gift. It might be a test of courage I was taking for myself and a test for my team to pass, to prove to me what we really have within us. And looking back, did I regret taking the sabbatical leave - Initially I was, just like any business owner, the challenge of sales and cash flow was real, and yet I knew I have to do it. Bcos if I never dare to dive into the unknown, I will not have sought the opportunity in the unknown.

Now stepping into 2017, I felt a sense of reset and relief, bcos I know we have persevered and overcome the unknown. A good pal reminded me before I went into the States for a conference in Jan : Hannah, if you know your "why" of being here, you will find your "what" and "how" to where you are heading. And that's so true, bcos when I came back finally in full force in September 2016 from the rest since April 2016, I knew I needed to restructure the team for the next leap. The old mindset and strategies of doing things must change, and a new wine needs new wineskin, bcos the old wineskin will burst if you insist to pour in the new wines in it.

2017 is launched with many new opportunities that seem scary and yet thrilling. We are given many new platforms beyond weddings, and it instills in me esp as the founder, a fresh breath of new beginnings. Many do not know before weddings, I have 10 years of corporate life that I sometimes still crave for. I have missed the brainstorming of new ideas with market leaders, the thrill of penetrating new markets with our clients and the leap into the unknown with strategists. As much as I love weddings,  the wedding world can sometimes be pretty micro and inward looking for me. So when the new platforms was ushered in our ways in the most unexpected manner, I know we are gliding into the new wave.

Am I scared of the steep learnings ahead? Yes definitely, but that is where I rely no longer on my current strength but fully submit to the Almighty above. This brought me back the memories of how I started Heaven's Gift 13 years ago, when all I have was a vision and a dream, no knowledge and no ideas of the wedding market, but a passion that persevers. And now as I move on to the 14th year of Heaven's Gift, God is preparing me to take the next decade of my career into another level that I have yet to imagine. I know when I am humbled to the base of relearning, I am at the same time ready to leap and glide along the winds of faith and soar into new heights.

Just as I am typing my blog, this familiar song is ringing in my mind.
At the end of the day what really matters is : I am true to myself, and I have lived a life worthy of the calling He has called me to fulfill. To God be His Glory! 


When the music fades
All is stripped away
And I simply come
Longing just to bring
Something that's of worth
That will bless your heart
I'll bring you more than a song
For a song in itself
Is not what you have required
You search much deeper within
Through the way things appear
You're looking into my heart
I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And it's all about you,


It's all about you, Jesus

Comments

Popular Posts