A day in the life of a wedding planner...

I have not been a good blogger recently.. so much to do, besides work, family and church obligations are on the pile...

Today, I was amazed at how much I did. Early in the morning, Grace & Chek Wu passed me the deposits for their next week's wedding.. and we ran thru some final details. Grace teased me "Hannah, you must have loved logistics details... ". I smiled and replied "I grew to love it... haha trust me, I am more a creative person than a logistics guy".

Next, a new couple flew in from Hong Kong to see me, I always felt blessed when you get to have couples who flew all the way to Singapore to meet you.. Lena & Paul is a great couple.. can see their enthusiasm for their coming wedding. When they shared with me their theme,.. my eyes sparkled.. one more great wedding design I look forward to create..

After Lena & Paul left, came Puay Ju & Peter.. my first concept meeting with them.. I did a personality test with them, interviewed them.. and ideas started popping up in my mind.. I can see Puay Ju start dreaming abt her wedding.. and I must say, this year, I have loads of great couples who are willing to explore with me with their ideas... very unballroom, unconventional and one of its kind for everyone of them.. God thank you..

Finally, I ended off my day, heading to Arab Street to accompany my bride and mum to shop for fabric.. Jo has no clue how to choose or tailor a dress for the mum.. so I assured her.. she would have fun in it..I brought them some pictures of gowns proposed.. went about showing them fabrics, laces, silk satin, tulle, applications on some organza etc etc.. As I went abt the description and giving me comments as the sales personnel draped over the materials over my bride and her mum... I can't help to marvel.. the joy of woman in shopping for one another... I was reading my client's expressions, as well as giving my 2 cents worth of comments and eventually seeing my comments took one step in influencing their decisions...until the owner asked me "you must be a designer... i laughed.. no, I am not, a wedding planner, but one who has grown to love and learn more abt fabrics.. And we eventually exchanged name cards... I looked back.. and gave myself a little pat in my heart,"Hann, you have acquired much knowledge over these years...many times I am amazed of the journey He has brought me this far...

So what can I say.. do I love my job.. yes, I do.. Sometimes, you pull your hair over your role.. sometimes, you wonder why you are still in it.. but most of the time, I saw my little dream abt being an artist, an entrepreneur coming to fulfillment.. one day, I dream I will share my experiences with many out there.. as I am sharing with you now too...

Comments

Popular Posts