From delivering concepts to dreaming concepts

Just came back after painting the backdrop for a Children Easter Carnival... now I know painting such a big prop is not easy.. so much patience to ensure the contrast and gradient is correct..On my way back, I was thinking I can never run away from concepts and design..One of my youth was saying she likes to do small props.. and I pondered over what she said.. and asked myself, what abt you, Hannah.

I realised I love to dream concepts and seeing them coming to pass... looking back, these past 3 yrs, I began from delivering concept details to dreaming concept details. I remembered those times you stayed up late till 3am, to see all my floral arrangements completed for next day wedding, and earning only $100 as profit. Yet, the joy and toil was both present. You worked for 12 hours to earn $100.. that's no fun. But when you see your details coming to a complete form, you have that few seconds of satisfaction.

Today, I am fortunate to have a team of artists and designers who are experts in their own field.. and working with them, allows me to dream even bigger concepts. I realise that's the unique talent a human has. You can dream big.. and sometimes you wonder are your dreams too big.. but when you start taking step to making your dreams come true, it becomes closer and easier to what you have envisioned..

As I was painting those props for the Church Easter Carnival, I heard a voice saying, Hannah, see, if only you don't ask for such complicated props or elaborate setup, you won't have to be here doing these works.. then again, another voice of mine kept encouraging me, "No, Hannah press on, you will get to see the joy of the final setup if you perserve..
And indeed I can't wait to see the setup on 7 March...

8 March will be the day for our first theme carnival ever created in Expo 9... conceptualised by Dreamy Hannah, and designed and delivered by her group of talented and incredible youths... I have to say, if not for them, I would have dropped the theme park ideas. Working with youths causes you to go beyond yourself, what you think.. and finally realising you can do it.. if you dare to dream..and put feet into your dreams.

Comments

Popular Posts