Reminisce my past 4.5 years

It's strange.. last night I could not sleep... have been busy preparing for my online shop as well as the marketing activities for 2009.. and all of a sudden, the flash back memories of where I have begun 4 and 1/2 years ago appeared so vividly before my mind...

I remembered when I first started, I was a one man company. Always believed then I needed a showroom, a proper office, instead of following the rest just working from home.. Despite the caution of overheads, I followed my heart, because to me, I wanted a place where I could make my customers feel cosy at home, where the wedding ideas could be inspired from. Those days, I did everything from concepts, to designing to packaging and even to arranging the flowers, with the assistance of my part timers. That one man journey lasted for about 1.5 yr. Eventually, I built a team, and moved from a small service office, to now a little homely attic where many love.. I am amazed myself. I am grateful for all that He has given.

My assistant asked me today in one of our training, how did you start, were the wedding creations as pretty then. I laughed. In fact, if I really looked back, I was very fortunate. My first few couples' weddings I have planned were all inter-racial or expatriate weddings. I did not look for them, but they found me through my website. And just thru a simple phone call away, I was engaged by mere trust. My couples have given me the portfolio I could not have imagined today. From the very beginning, I met couples that were different, the weddings I planned have always been fun, spontaneous and intimate because of the couples I have. I have thus been inspired to make weddings the same for all my other couples.

Everyone might have thought that Hannah has started the business easy, having all these amazing couples. Yet what they did not see was the countless efforts I strive to make every wedding different. I was eager to learn, to create, I was looking for something different in each wedding, simply because I believe every wedding is a reflection of every couple I have.. and I want to make the wedding uniquely theirs, as much as I want it to reflect the creative part of Heaven's Gift. And last night all the flash back, just made me pause to thank God for all that He has done.

Today, as I was training my team, I learnt to share the experiences, to train a team that will have integrity in what they do, to be humble to serve, and to always be passionate to learn and create. Looking back, every time when I am in the office, I have not stopped working on something.. even at home, my mind is clicking.. but these days, I also learn that a rested mind will go a long way.. and that's something I have to remind myself and everyone I meet... work hard, play hard, and learn to rest as much... The journey is long.. but the rewards of discovery are many... so if you want to explore and step into the adventures of future, learn to take time and reminisce the moments... Someone up there wants to talk to you so that you can run as far as you desire to.

Comments

life-muse said…
hello hannah, your success is truly amazing! and i shared the same faith as you too :) it can only be Daddy God that is behind all your increase.
i'm a wedding florist too but working from a home studio. i dream of having my own working studio outside where i can give my clients a cozy place to chill out and enjoy.
so you're also an inspiration to me and fellow work from home florists! :)
Be blessed!!

Popular Posts