Blessed is the man...

Sat and Sun news were bad.. the financial institutions are in trouble, Singapore govt declaring we are now in a technical recession.. everything looks gloomy.
And even at church, we continued to pray for the economy and the nations..

However, one thing remains... our hope is in the Lord. Somehow in the midst of all these uncertainties, everything looks so bleak.. then I was reminded of my business, how it was started.. and how He has provided, I told myself, Hann, there is hope.. God will be faithful as He has been faithful.

Pastor came to me and asked, so how's your business, has the recent poor economy affected yours too.. I pondered a while to answer that.. Honestly, it should have.. but then when I looked at the recent figures, it doesn't seem to be. I did receive many calls and applicants asking for a job, we did not have as many enquiries, so theoretically it is worrying... but somehow I knew in my heart, something is happening.. I can't tell what it is.. but I know it will be a time of testing, a time of strengthening, a time where the fittest will survive..

So as I was writing down and drawing my thoughts.. I draw a tree with bed of roses by the sea (so calm that the yacht floats gently) and the verse came to my mind : Jeremiah 17 : 7-8. and just as I was drawing as I was listening to Pastor's preaching.. Amazing, he read out the same verse in my mind :

But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."

Comments

Popular Posts