She makes me want to be a better man!!

Just finished a wedding... It was a very short and yet very very meaningful wedding...
This wedding was planned within 2 weeks. Received a call 2 weeks from the sister of the groom, claiming that a wedding must be held in two weeks' time..
So all conceptualization and details were arranged with very last min notices with the sister, and I only get to meet the couple 3 days before the wedding.
But I can't deny every details from the floral setup, to place cards, favours to the entertainments and proposed schedule was elaborate.. We have Victorian lush floral, clown balloon Sculpturer for the children, Acapella for the prelude, Harpist Trio for the dinner... and great singing from the couple.. It was even more elaborate than some local Chinese wedding dinner.
But one thing stands out : the essence of the wedding was intense and romantic, and spoke far beyond the elements and details of the event. The guests that came for the wedding were so real, spontaneous and all came to give the couple with sincere wishes and blessings.

I marvelled that despite the wedding was planned within 2 weeks... yet it was one wedding I was touched. The groom said to the bride"I am so blessed, when I first met my wife, I thought she was pretty... and the more I knew her, I want to give my all for her.. she makes me want to be a better man... " wow that's one touching statement...
I believe this is what every groom awaits for, and every brides long to hear about...
In such wedding... I can't help to pray : Lord, may I become the woman who will make my husband wants to do so too...

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a sweet & romantic post! Hannah, you're looking LOVELIER than ever. Hey, check your e-mail. We're coming to S'pore in Feb & trying to get together w/ everyone on 2/20. Can?
Hannah Chong said…
Thanks Ling,
so surprised to hear from you... All has been well.. I thot I am aging and look more haggard... haha.. only yr old friends can tell..
See you next Feb.

Popular Posts