Be still in midst of unknown


Couldn't sleep... kept thinking abt my Swift... Each time I saw the damages to my Swift, the whole accident kept replaying. I am amazed at myself that I can be of sound mind to carry on planning the wedding. The accident happened on my journey from Beach road ECP highway to Keppel.. To imagine a cargo container hit me from behind, yet the impact we felt within was mere brush and scratching sound.. that's a miracle. God, thank you for being merciful...
When the accident happened, I was tempted to just rushed off to the workshop and call everyone.. But I have to be calm, and get the wedding going for my client. Thank God for a team of colleagues and assistants. Everyone just knew what they should do, and kept quiet. They knew the tension within me.. but we knew the task has to be carried on.

It was funny, dinner has begun.. came the Uncle of the bride who signalled for me "Are you the planner, Hannah.. " , and I replied "yes., can I help you... "No, I was told your car just got into accident.. are the damages bad... " wow news travelled fast.. I just told the groom only since I can't fetch them to the hotel.. and the world seems to know... Yet I was touched that people care despite the fact accidents are not good things to mention in a wedding.. That touches me.. and that is what makes our job even more worthwhile.. After all, weddings are reflections of the host.

Last night wedding was great.. Robin & Sue Ann was a great couple.. They learn to laugh and their sense of humour in life enables me more to work better as a planner. And they simply trusted me for everything..and enjoy the wedding. In times of such unhappy accidents, I learn to be still. Often when I am still, God blesses me with the unexpected.. and for last night, it was the love and warmth received from my couple and their guests.

Comments

Popular Posts