The reason my blog was created

The past 2.5 years of me being an entrepreneur and a wedding planner has been an exciting, crazy and indescribable journey. I figure out that every experience I have gone thru so far in this journey should be recorded to serve as an encouragement, a hope to many out there who aspires to be a wedding planner, an artist and an entrepreneur.

Whenever I meet anyone and introduce myself as a wedding planner, almost every time I will hear this comment "Wow, your job is so fun.. i really envy your role..." And my immediate response is always a laugh (exactly the same laugh you see in my profile), yes.. it is fun. I can't deny the fulfilment I have received over the past years, yet within the laughter and fun, it is also a journey of steep learning, ever letting go myself and ever willing to take another step further to serve every bride, every couple the way the One above has led me.

You have to understand where I have come from, to completely understand why the learning were steep and amazing..Since young, I had always be an A student, academic achievements were never an issue for me. And being the eldest, you got lots of attention and support from family. Until I reach my late teens... that forced me to hold my uni pursuit for a while and stepped into the working world earlier than I thought (long story tho).

But God has always been faithful. My first company was a leather bags trader, and my Boss's favour was on me, she was willing to train me to be a merchandiser and a bag designer.. ever since then, retail lines has fascinated me for so long, part of the reason why I went back to retail and services line.. Then after 4 years, I went into the corporate world. From a merchandiser, I went to the extreme end of my career.. I went into corporate sales from training to advertising and media, to aerospace and automotive.. wow, what a change.. I suppose God has led me so far and so deep in each industry to allow myself to rethink what do I want in life...
and at the end of the corporate world, I have to admit the corporate life was an awesome journey, corporate perks were great. When you are in the top management, you get to enjoy what you have long to experience.. yet the position up there is also lonely... all the travel, the packing from hotel to hotel, the many nights away from home.. life was likened a suitcase.. haha

That was when I wondered.. Hannah, what do you want in your life??? I know what I want.. a man.. haha... but before I ever get to meet him, I realise is there one thing I want to do.. and I know from deep within, there's always a dream, a vision I aspire.. to start an art or business using my own hands.. the dream of being an entrepreneur begins.. and looking back, all the past years of my career were truly great training platform for what I am doing today...

So when I decided to abandon all the corporate perks for a start up.. my ex-boss laughed, few puzzled.. but my close group believes in me.. and that's all it matters.. It was like throwing away every glamour you used to have, and restart the learnings all over again.. I must say it was humbling at first.. but as you learn to be contented, more and more you begin to appreciate your new move.

But why weddings.. and why wedding planning.. honestly I have no idea.. I have no idea how it began.. sometimes I tease God.. You really con me into this... often, I am so glad He did.
Weddings have always been a part of my life... I was a flower girl when young, and a bridesmaid for my aunt, and then my friends.. and part time wedding florist for my church.. and then before I know, I was the wedding planner for my best friend's wedding...
I recalled two weeks before I registered my company, a friend has engaged me to do her church floral.. and we were at Mac, and she was sharing all abt her joys of her coming wedding, her anxiety abt her marriage etc etc... we were supposed to discuss abt flowers.. but we did not do much then... the entire conversation fascinated me.. wow wedding is an eye opener to one bride's dream, fears, joys and hopes...
And as a listener, I am often drawn to support, to assist and to be a part of that memory... I remembered after that conversation, I told my good friend, Colleen.. I know what I want to do for my business... I want to be involved in weddings, ... and so here I am a wedding planner..

And I called my company "Heaven's Gift", to remind myself, my couple Marriage is a gift from God. Though the journey requires commitment.. the journey reminded us abt His gift to us.. of all the millions souls on earth, you choose to marry one.. to me that's a miracle, a gift.. and hence, we should truly treasure that for life.. When we know it is a gift, the commitment thereafter becomes easy and liberated..
And this company is a gift from Him to me.. The amount of experiences I have acquired in the past 2 years can easily surpass the past 12 years of corporate world... And each time I reminded this company is a gift.. renewed strength, renewed passion continues....

Wow.. I have written much...
So friends and strangers out there.. may you enjoy my little story, and come to appreciate.. life is an adventure, an indescribable discovery of who we are and who He is..

Comments

ShutterBug said…
Great to see you blogging Hannah :)

Welcome to the blogging community and really sorry to hear about your Swift.. pray that everything's alright now.

Continue to serve HIM with your heart and talents! :)


God bless,

Ron ^.^
Hannah Chong said…
Thanks Ron... it's always good to hear any artist trusting Him as well and growing much in this industry...
Fight the good fight of faith.. :)
Hann

Popular Posts